Complete a Healthcare Certificate Program in Chicago, IL
Love Helping People? Get a Medical Certificate from CSI!Healthcare is a popular field for those who are passionate about helping people in need. With one of the Computer Systems Institute’s healthcare certificate programs in Chicago, IL, you can realize your dream. We strive to offer healthcare administration certificates that are comprehensive, as well as enjoyable for our students. We focus on building the skills necessary to help you land a job you’ll love. Our staff often gets asked questions about the structure of our programs and who should enroll. We’ve gathered the answers to those frequently asked questions here for your convenience. Be sure to reach out if you have additional questions.
Before you commit to a medical assistant program, you want to be sure your personality is a good fit for the job. The truth is that it takes a certain kind of person to succeed in a health-centered field. Generally speaking, good medical assistants possess the following traits:
Am I a Good Fit for a Medical Assistant Program?
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to handle stress
Our Healthcare Career Program encompasses a few different tracks and concentrations to help you reach your career goals. The healthcare field needs employees with several different skill sets to keep everything running smoothly, from the well-renowned doctors to low-level administrators. CSI offers the following healthcare certificate programs to help you get your start in the Chicago health field:
What Tracks Do You Offer in the Healthcare Career Program?
- Clinical Track: This course of study provides you with the training you need to be a medical assistant. We combine classroom lectures, laboratory time, and hands-on training to give you a well-rounded education.
- Billing and Coding Track: Database administration is an indispensable part of the healthcare field. CSI’s track teaches you the skills you’ll need to provide billing services, manage patient records, and more.
- Phlebotomy Technician Program: In this course, you’ll learn to properly handle and process blood while adhering to all the appropriate guidelines. This program only lasts eight weeks.
CSI’s Chicago healthcare programs prepare students to earn a variety of medical certificates. While certification is voluntary, looking for jobs without a healthcare administration certificate will likely yield few results. Credentials from a medical assistant program is an excellent way to show that you’re dedicated to your field and have put in the time and effort toward learning the correct skills. After you complete your CSI healthcare certificate program, you’ll be set up for success in the following exams:
Do I Need Certification to Be a Medical Assistant?
- Certified ECG Technician (CET)
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistance (CMAA)
- Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS)
- Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist (CEHRS)
- Certified Coder Associated (CCA)
At CSI, we know that a job search is often a struggle, even in a metropolis like Chicago. After graduating from a medical assistant program, hopefully, the process will move along quicker. Illinois has one of the highest demands for medical assistants, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Still, CSI wants you to maximize your chances of finding employment. Our students are welcome to talk with our Student Affairs department for resume and cover letter help, as well as interview preparation. It’s our goal to equip you with all the skills necessary to find a job quickly after graduation.
Do You Help with Job Searches in Chicago?
The specific courses you’ll take depends on the track you choose within our Healthcare Career Program. CSI is proud to offer extensive coursework in a variety of topics to prepare you for a medical assistant job or a position in healthcare administration. Here are a few examples of what you can expect when you enroll in a healthcare certificate program in Chicago:
What Kinds of Courses Can I Take at CSI?
- Foundations of Clinical Procedures
- Medical Law, Ethics, and Patient Relations
- Foundations of ICD-10
- Medical Insurance Methodology
- Customer Service
- Medical Administrative Procedures
At CSI, we spend a lot of time thinking about how we can set ourselves apart from other healthcare certificate programs in the Chicago area. We find that it all comes down to our comprehensive courses taught by friendly, experienced instructors. Our teachers get students excited about the subject matter and encourage them to succeed. Plus, we make sure students don’t feel alone after graduation during their job search. CSI also welcomes international students into any of our programs. If you’re ready to take your career to the next level, contact us today.
What Sets CSI Apart from Other Medical Assistant Programs?