Status mobile

If you came to the United States to work, travel, or with any other purpose, and changed the purpose to study later while being in the country, we can help you to change the status.

An F-1 student is a nonimmigrant who is pursuing a full course of study to achieve a specific educational or professional objective at an academic institution in the US. Once the educational objectives have been achieved, the F-1 student is expected to return to his or her residence abroad.

If you are changing your visa status to F1, please contact an international admissions representative at 1-847-967-5030 as soon as you decide to study in one of CSI’s programs.

The image is added to the images folder.

Any student who wants to succeed in the U.S. can take advantage of our extensive offering of business courses. International students* must follow a few extra steps in order to enroll in the CSI program. Keep reading for a full list of requirements.

* An international student is any student who is not a citizen or permanent resident of the United States and its territories.

In addition to the standard requirements, change of status student applicants must complete the following steps:

  1. Submit an International Student Application for Admission. The form can be found here: Application Form Request.
  2. Pay a $100 non-refundable change of status fee.
  3. Send a bank statement.
  4. Give a personal statement (must be signed and stamped by the bank if from a non-USA bank).
  5. If you will be financially supported by a U.S. citizen or resident or someone outside of the U.S., submit an Affidavit of Support and a support letter from a bank, parent, guardian, sponsor, or government agency and their original most recent bank statement. Make sure that the support form lists the supporting funds that cover your tuition, cost of living, and at least $3,000 for each dependent who is listed on the I-20.
  6. Submit original and English translations of official transcripts or diplomas from secondary schools and colleges attended.
  7. Submit Placement Test or Waiver.
  8. Copy of the Passport.
  9. Copy of current Visa.
  10. Copy of I-94.
  11. I-539 Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status – student works on this with attorney. (Student might have to file another I-539 requesting the extension of stay in the United States as a tourist, pending the response of change of status).
  12. Explanation letter to DHS – student works on this with attorney. Explanation letter written by student should explain why the student is requesting the change of status. This is extremely important; the letter should clearly explain student’s current status, plans for study at CSI, and longer–terms plan returning home permanently.
  13. G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance

Computer Systems Institute will issue a I-20 form upon receiving all necessary documents and fees as described above.

Please note: CSI accepts payments made by certified check or money order drawn on a U.S. bank and payable in U.S. dollars or by credit card. We recommend that you start the process at least 30 days before the target class start date. For more information on international student F-1 visa processing, please refer to the SEVIS-Student and Exchange Visitor Information System.

Get More Information!



    Current Status

    First Name

    Last Name



    Postal Code

    Promo Code

    By checking this box, I give consent for Computer Systems Institute in MA & IL to use automated technology to call and/or text me at the number provided above, including my wireless number if applicable. Call us for information: 1-847-967-5030

    Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions


    Join us for a Sneak Peek into one of our Programs.

    Get an inside look at what you’ll be learning.