Accreditation & Why It Matters To You
CSI is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award certificates. ACICS is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
The following locations are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS):
- Computer Systems Institute – Gurnee, IL
- Computer Systems Institute – Skokie, IL
- Computer Systems Institute – Chicago, IL
- Computer Systems Institute – Elgin, IL
- Computer Systems Institute – Lombard, IL
- Computer Systems Institute – Charlestown/Boston, MA
- Computer Systems Institute – Worcester, MA
- Computer Systems Institute – Allston/Boston, MA
For more information, contact ACICS:
750 First Street NE, Suite 980
Washington DC 20002
- Computer Systems Institute is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
- Computer Systems Institute is licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Division of Professional Licensure, Office of Private Occupational School Education
- CSI is ranked by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) as one of the top five F-1 and M-1 approved schools with the largest population of international students.
- CSI is approved training provider by the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) of Illinois.
- CSI is approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs to accept GI Bill.
- CSI is authorized under Federal Law to enroll nonimmigrant F-1 and M-1 students.
- CSI is authorized with on-site Prometric, Certiport, Pearson VUE, and NHA testing centers.
- CSI is a Microsoft IT academy member.
What Does Accreditation Mean?
Accreditation means that a school has met national standards of educational performance that have been established by an impartial nongovernmental agency. Accreditation is a proud tradition among reputable private postsecondary schools in America.
For years, accreditation of schools has been the most authoritative and reliable indicator of a school’s concern for integrity toward its students and quality education.
Maintaining a high level of employment for graduates within their chosen field is a big part of accreditation. In order to maintain accreditation, CSI must demonstrate a consistently high graduate job placement rate.
Accreditation is NOT mandatory
CSI chooses to go through the rigorous accreditation process to stay accountable and to demonstrate an ongoing commitment to providing high-quality career education.
What is the role of the U.S. Department of Education in Postsecondary Accreditation?
The U.S. Department of Education does not accredit educational institutions and/or programs. However, the Secretary of Education is required, by law, to publish a list of nationally recognized accrediting agencies that the Secretary determines to be reliable authorities as to the quality of education or training provided by the institutions of higher education and the higher education programs they accredit.
If you have questions about CSI’s accreditation, or anything else, please call 1-888-652-2494 to speak to a knowledgeable Admissions Advisor today.
Any questions regarding your Student Loan Repayment, Financial Aid or Student Account please contact us FAQuestions@csinow.edu